If you don't already know me, I'd love to introduce myself. And to make it fun, I thought I would capture it in a quick, 10-bullet list.
1. First and foremost, this is my little family. My husband, Doug (we have been married 16 years and together for 17), my kids, Charlotte (11) and Douglass (9). They are everything to me.
2. I come from a crazy big family - yes - there are 23 1/2 people in this photo (as my sister was pregnant with my nephew). We have an interesting story (for another time) and while closeness is hard to achieve when you are spread across the country, we are super loyal to each other.
3. These are all the cousins - minus one. Boy are they cute, but it's a mad house when we all get together and they love it.
4. I grew up in a small town in South Alabama (10,000 people small) and now live in the burbs of Atlanta, Georgia. I'm a southern girl to my core - but I appreciate and love traveling and learning about other people and their cultures.
5. I was homeschooled (back when it wasn't cool) and have a pretty interesting educational journey. Let's just say, my story wasn't got to college, get a job, be successful. There were some crazy twists and turns along the way.
6. I met my husband in the Denver International Airport and we just happened to be spending our summer working for the same dude ranch in Pike National Forest (ironically we were from the same state).
7. I've been a creative entrepreneur since I was a child - my first business - was hair barrettes made with money and candy wrappers (if you don't count the mud-pies I used to try to sell to my neighbors). I've had a few others - aprons that I designed and produced myself, a paper shop called The English Pea Studio, a manners course and curriculum I created in my late teens, and my husband and I almost opened a spa (before those sweet kiddos came along).
8. I left my most successful business (The English Pea Studio) five years ago to pursue a corporate career with one of my favorite fast food chains. While the experiences are night and day I have been amazed at how much my business has helped me in my corporate career.
9. I am not trained - and haven't been in any of the endeavors I have taken on. From graphic design, to creating patterns for those aprons, I have taught myself. And I just started painting six months ago and love it.
10. I'm passionate about a lot of things but at the center of it all - Is my faith and my heart for people. I'm a helper and at my very core I know God created me to come alongside people to help them - I see this in my career, relationships, and even my art.
So there's my top ten. I can't wait to get to know you. I hope you will join me over on Insta (where you will find me most of the time).